A Little Bit About Me....

I'm attending the University of South Alabama, where I plan to major in secondary education/ history. After I get my Bachelor's Degree, I plan to be a high school history teacher in Mobile, Alabama.

My Teaching Philosophy

My teaching philosophy is simple. I plan to use a structured curriculum (burp back education) but with touch progressivism. My major is secondary education/history. So, I have to teach a structured curriculum. Students have to know certain dates and we have to teach to certain standards set by the state---standardized testing. I'm not a fan of this by any means, I do not think that a test should determine whether or not a student has learned anything all year, but this is something I can not change.

I will also be progressive. To me, being progressive is important. This theory is student centered, and it gives the student a change to be more involved, instead of having a teacher just lecture.